Call for submissions: ‘The Dniester War of 1992: 30 Years After…, ‘ Chisinau, 4-5 March 2022
The National Association of Young Historians of Moldova (ANTIM), in collaboration with the Romanian Association for Baltic and Nordic Studies (ARSBN), “Ion Creanga” State Pedagogical University, “Valahia” University of Târgoviște, and the Memoria Cultural Foundation (Romania), cordially invites you to submit proposal to the Online conference “The Dniester War of 1992: 30 Years After…” on March 4-5, 2022, in Chisinau.
Scholars working on the events of 1992 and the ramifications of that war for the Republic of Moldova are welcome to attend. The following themes will be approached during the conference:
1) Separatism – the project to preserve the USSR;
2) The military conflict on the Dniester since 1992 – comparative approaches;
3) The consequences of the 1992 war for citizens on both banks of the Dniester;
4) The international dimension of post-Soviet conflicts (Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Ukraine);
5) International perceptions of the Transnistrian conflict (political, diplomatic, mass-media, etc.)
The papers given during the conference will be published in a collection of research to boost the impact of the debates (see attached details of the articles).
Please confirm your participation and return the application form to us by January 31, 2022.
For any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail addresses:
Sergiu Musteaţă, firstname.lastname@example.org